It doesn't matter how good your web site is if no one ever sees it. Therefore an important part of any marketing plan is a strategy for driving visitors to your site.
There are several ways to increase the traffic to your web site and, depending on your business, you will use some combination of them. We have utilized all of these techniques to increase the traffic to our customer's sites and we can do the same for you. Below are the main strategies along with what we go over with you in our initial meeting:
- Strategic Partnerships: Most small businesses can benefit from partnerships with larger businesses that sell a complimentary product or service. If you sell graphic design services, a printer is a potential strategic partner. Finding strategic partners and making arrangements with them to promote your business is a key way that small businesses grow quickly. We once saw a client grow a new business to revenue of more than $250K per month in less than three months using this strategy. They were fortunate to have strategic partners who had large email lists of qualified customers, and they made a deal that benefitted all involved.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Most businesses require some level of SEO, however it's important to understand what SEO is and what it's limitations are so that you will have realistic expectations regarding the results you can produce with your site.
- Social Networking: This is the new frontier in online marketing. We will help you assess how best to use social networking in your business and create a strategy for doing so. We'll discuss how to use Twitter, LinkedIn and FaceBook effectively and which ones are likely to give you the best return on investment.
- Affiliate Marketing: Not all businesses will be able to effectively utilize affiliate marketing. We can explain it's benefits and talk about whether it's right for you.
- Email Marketing: Virtually every business should be doing email marketing. We have proven strategies for building your list and getting customers to read your newsletters and take action.
- Pay-Per-Click Marketing (PPC): Google adwords is a good example of PPC but there are others including advertising on the other search engines as well as purchasing banner ads on topic specific websites. Learn how to test and measure results to create a cost effective campaign.